Got a bad case of the Monday blues? Well, who could blame you? A quick scroll through our social media feeds on the first day of the working week will reveal enough sad giffs and grumpy felines to wipe the smile off even the happiest of faces. But it doesn’t have to be that way. If you’re lacking motivation on a Monday morning, here are six reasons to turn that frown upside down.
1. Monday means a fresh start. Last week might not have been the most positive or productive…but who cares? It’s all in the past! Start over with a fresh attitude and a new found determination to get things done.
2. Coffee! Coffee is everywhere and everything on a Monday morning. Resistance is futile.
3. Monday is the perfect day to set new goals and fresh objectives. Write them down and look forward to accomplishing them throughout the week. (Of course, if you did this before you left the office on Friday, you get a headstart on the rest of the office!)
4. It’s perfectly acceptable to spend the first 10 minutes chatting to colleagues about things you did, saw and ate at the weekend. Not only do you catch up on the gossip, but it leads to a more positive and upbeat work environment.
5. You can sing any number of catchy songs about Monday and no-one will bat an eyelid. In fact people will probably join in. From the Boomtown Rats (I Don’t Like Mondays) to the Bangles (Manic Monday) and New Order (Blue Monday), it seems like this is a day that inspired musicians like no other. Music is a great mood elevator and the best Monday songs is a handy topic for the office water cooler!
6. It’s one day closer to the weekend!
Questions? Feedback? Leave us a comment below. All commenters on NCI's blog get added to a raffle, to win a weekend away!