At NCI we have a number of courses enrolling for this September that are available to those who are employed for just 10% of the normal course fee. The other 90% is funded by the Springboard+ initiative. These courses are all run part-time in the evening and weekend, and some are totally online.
Here are top 10 things you need to know about Springboard+ courses!
- You may be able get a third-level course funded by 90%, even if you are currently employed.
- The courses are delivered part-time in the evenings and on weekends, over 1 - 2 years.
- The areas you can study are all areas where there are skills shortages: cybersecurity, software development, cloud computing, data analytics, web technologies and IoT (internet of things).
- The courses are HETAC-accredited Level 8 and Level 9 qualifications.
- Some of the higher diplomas have different options: you can attend classes here in NCI or you can do your qualification totally online.
- The online classes are live, interactive classes, and function very much like standard face-to-face classes.
- We have a limited number of places on each funded course. The classes fill on a first-come-first-served basis.
- You can find out more about the funded courses at Springboard+.
- The courses require you to have a degree to gain entry but if you don't have one, you may be able to apply using RPEL (Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning).
- If you would like see if you are eligible for funding check out our FAQ document.