At NCI we have a number of courses enrolling for this September that are available to those who are employed for just 10% of the normal course fee. The other 90% is funded by the Springboard+ initiative. These courses are all run part-time in the evening and weekend, and some are totally online.
Here are top 10 things you need to know about Springboard+ courses!
1. You may be able get a third-level course funded by 90%, even if you are currently employed.
2. The courses are delivered part-time in the evenings and on weekends, over 1 - 2 years.
3. The areas you can study are all areas where there are skills shortages: data analytics, cybersecurity, cloud computing, web technologies and software development.
4. The courses are HETAC-accredited Level 8 and Level 9 qualifications.
5. Some of the higher diplomas have different options: you can attend classes here in NCI or you can do your qualification totally online.
6. The online classes are live, interactive classes, and function very much like standard face-to-face classes.
7. We have a limited number of places on each funded course. The classes fill on a first-come-first-served basis.
8. You can find out more about the funded courses at Springboard+.
9. The courses require you to have a degree to gain entry but if you don't have one, you may be able to apply using RPEL (Recognition of Prior Experiential Learning).
10. Online open evenings will be taking place throughout the summer, take a look at the dates and register your attendance to attend a sample online class.