NCI Blog

Want to Become a Business Analyst? Fully Funded Course Places Available at NCI

Posted by Andrea Leyden on 18 September 2020
Business Analysts play a key role in developing solutions and ideas to improve the performance of businesses. With COVID-19 currently reshaping businesses and livelihoods, becoming a Business Analyst will give you the opportunity to demonstrate the value of your analytical skills and the contribution you can bring to your employer.
Read More

See What Our Springboard+ Graduates Say About Our Courses

Posted by Andrea Leyden on 19 August 2020
At National College of Ireland, we have a number of courses available under both Springboard+ and Human Capital Initiative (HCI) which are free of charge for people who are currently unemployed or for 10% of the course fee for applicants who are in employment. These initiatives address skills shortages in the workforce and so are funded by the government to improve Ireland's ability to fill job vacancies.
Read More

Did You Know You Can Study Computing for Free at NCI?

Posted by Andrea Leyden on 29 June 2020
In June 2023, The Government announced 11,000 free and subsidised higher education places under both Springboard+ and Human Capital Initiative (HCI) which includes a number of specialised computing courses in data analytics, cybersecurity, software development, blockchain, artificial intelligence and machine learning at National College of Ireland.
Read More

Considering a Career Change? Hear Data Analyst Darren's Success Story

Posted by Andrea Leyden on 13 September 2019
Higher Diploma in Science in Data Analytics graduate, Darren Malone, shares his experience of studying at National College of Ireland through the Springboard+ scheme along with his advice for anyone considering a career change.
Read More

10 things you need to know about our almost-free courses for the employed

Posted by Regina Dunne on 30 July 2018
At NCI we have a number of courses enrolling for this September that are available to those who are employed for just 10% of the normal course fee. The other 90% is funded by the Springboard+ initiative. These courses are all run part-time in the evening and weekend, and some are totally online.
Read More

Irish Companies Encouraged to Fill ICT Skills Gaps with Free Courses at NCI

Posted by Emma Henderson on 16 December 2016
Irish companies are being presented with an opportunity to fill IT skills gaps in their workforce without charge, by enrolling staff members on free, degree-level courses at National College of Ireland under the HEA ICT Skills programme.
Read More

Springboard to Success: Free Courses at NCI!

Posted by Emma Henderson on 07 May 2015
Today’s announcement by the Department of Education & Skills of a further allocation of free part-time courses will come as welcome news to those who are currently considering a career change.
Read More

Certificate in Web Development at NCI: Sandra’s Story

Posted by Emily Ferns on 13 September 2013
From September this programme is available on a fee-free basis to jobseekers under both the Springboard and Momentum programmes. By her late forties, Sandra Couch had reached a stage in her life when she wanted new challenges and a complete change of career.
Read More

Springboard courses at National College of Ireland: Marion’s story

Posted by Emily Ferns on 17 July 2013
At National College of Ireland we are delighted to offer a number of free fee places under Springboard, the Higher Education initiative for unemployed people. If you are currently jobseeking and considering a further qualification, Marion’s story could help you to decide.
Read More

Martin's Story: You’re Never Too Old To Go Back To Education!

Posted by Emily Ferns on 07 January 2013
Are you one of the thousands of adults who wrote ‘Education’ on their list of New Year Resolutions this year? Congratulations if you are ready to take that step! There are so many benefits to returning to education: career development, greater self-confidence, meeting new people, developing new skills…but here, don’t take our word for it. Here’s what NCI student Martin Carass had to say about coming back to the classroom. This interview first appeared in the Irish Independent:
Read More